- Dean School of Public Affairs Sciences Po
- Professor of Economics Sciences Po
- Phone: +33 (0)1 45 49 63 65
- Adress : 28, rue des Saints-Pères, 75007 Paris
- Email : yann.algan(at)sciences-po.fr
- Complete CV
- Courses: Principles in Macroeconomics and INET Core Curriculum "Teaching economics as if the last three decades had happened" ; Political Economy and Evaluation of Public Policy for graduates
Public Economics, Political Economy, Experimental Economics, Social Interactions, Labour Economics
- Dean School of Public Affairs and Professor of Economics at Sciences Po Paris
- Junior Member of Institut Universitaire de France IUF 2014-2019
- Board of Senior Editors of Economic Policy
- Member of the OECD High Level Expert Group on Well-Being HLEG
- Other Affiliations: CEPR, IZA and CEPREMAP (Co-head Observatory of Well-Being) and Co-Director of the Chair Labor Market Policies (Sciences Po Crest)
Awards and Grants
- European Consolidator Grant (ERC) 2015-2020 - Project "Well-Being, Cooperation and Public Policy"
- European Starting Grant (ERC) 2010-2014 - Project "Trust"
- IUF member 2014-2019
- Best French Young Economist 2009
- Best French economic book and Best French Essay (LIRE) for "La société de défiance", 2009.
- Best French economic Book, Prix Lycéen, La Fabrique de la défiance, 2013
- The Superiority of Economists, with Marion Fourcade and Etienne Ollion, forthcoming Journal of Economic Perspectives 2015. New York Times coverage with Paul Krugman's blog and The Economist coverage.
- The Social Effect of Ethnic DIversity at a Local Level: A Natural Experiment with Exogeneous Residential Allocation, with Camille Hémet and David Laitin, forthcoming Journal of Political Economy 2015
- Trust, Growth and Happiness: New evidence and policy implications, with Pierre Cahuc, Handbook of Economic Growth, eds Philippe Aghion and Steven Durlauf, vol. 2A, 2014
- Big Data Measures of Well-Being: Evidence from a Google Well-Being Index in the United States, with Elizabeth Beasley, Florian Guyot, Kazuhito Higa, Fabrice Murtin and Claudia Senik, 2015.
La Fabrique de la Défiance (Albin Michel 2012, with Pierre Cahuc and André Zylberberg)
Book Web Site - Best Economic Book of the Year - Prix Lycéen (from High school students).
Press coverage: Le Monde, Liberation, Le Figaro, Les Echos, Challenges, L'Express, Le JDD, Alternatives Economiques, L'Expansion, Valeurs Actuelles, Economie Magazine, Le Nouvel Economiste, Entreprises et Carrières, Le Temps,La Croix
Education and Past positions
- Agrégation du supérieur Sciences économiques, 2004
- Assistant Professor University Paris I, 2002-2004
- Professor Paris School of Economics, University Paris Est, 2004-2008
- Visiting Professor at MIT (2007) and at Harvard (2008)
- Marc Sangnier (Assistant Professor, Marseille School of Economics)
- Helene Blak (Economist French Treasury)
- Camille Hémet (Assistant Professor, Ecole Normale Supérieure)
- Elizabeth Beasley (Director, Observatory of Well Being Cepremap)
- Jerome Hergueux (Post-Phd, Zurich and Harvard, Berkman Center)
- Valeria Rueada (Post-Phd Oxford)
- Johaness Buggles (Post-Phd HEC Lausanne)
- Ivan Torré (on going)
- Marta Fana (on-going)
- Andreea Mirna (on-going)
- Paul Vertier (on-going)